Friday 17 April 2015

‘Pesuea navi’ (Distribute the cards afresh).

‘Pesuea navi’ (Distribute the cards afresh).
In Kashmiri, there is a proverb ‘Pesuea navi’ (Distribute the cards afresh). Another proverb is ‘Merie merie futch’ (Though always the first, but always pushed to the wall; futchalie means the last and Meir means the first). Both these proverbs apply to me. 
They want to take a ‘U-turn’ to avoid errors and omissions and let me settle again in the valley. With very hard labour we constructed our dwellings there with ‘attached bathroom fitted with an English commode’. I have seen Professor Chaman Lal Saproo carrying wooden planks on his bicycle at Chaneapora; Scientist the late Dr. Chaman lal Bhat carrying cement bag in the tri part of his bicycle frame. I have seen Dr. B L Saproo, HOD Botany Kashmir University holding the other end of ‘rundha’ (the plane) assisting his carpenter to smoothen the wooden planks. All became owners of their dwellings in new colonies with attached bathroom for the first time in their life, little knowing that they will be thrown out and shall become again ‘futchalie’ –homeless, and shall have to ‘peesuen navee’start afresh. 
I am sure, that had I not been thrown out, I too like Kumar Ji Wanchoo would have joined their procession to cry ‘Our demand’ ‘murta kiya nea kurta’. And with no loss of life and time, they could have achieved their nefarious end in shortest possible time. March 1989, I too raised JKLF banner across the road at Chotta Bazar. JKLF teenagers rushed into my office with one meter green strip of cloth, a thin rope and asked me for one chalk to write JKLF on it and wanted to put it across the road. I gave them three meter green cloth and a thick rope lest I be accused of its giving way under any circumstances. Triloki Nath Ambardar too joined their procession to save his life but was shot dead while leading their procession. My friend Bansi Lal Kaw also joined them; I was not an exception, I too would have joined them, but I had left Kashmir on 16th January 1990, three days before mass migration. Now having become again owner of a set with an attached bathroom, my President seems to be hobnobbing for my becoming ‘futchalie once again and start there afresh to ‘ piesuen navee’. By now we have become experts in (‘navie piesuen’ te featchalie banuenus munz) starting afresh and becoming homeless again and again. 
No political empowerment will save me from ‘navie piesuen’  te featchalie banuenus munz.My presidents have been members of many Apex Bodies, but an exercise in futility. Hriday Nath Wanchoo despite being human right activist was mercilessly shot dead.



No comments:

Post a Comment