Tuesday 22 December 2015

"Hia Dustarea kotue gav” said Shamboo Nath in distress!"



Lost & found the spectacles hanging by the collar  of the T-shirt
(Oh! “Where did my turban go” said Shamboo Nath in distress?")
This morning after reading headlines of the Daily Newspaper, I went to washroom and on my return looked for my spectacles at its designated locations. At such occasions, I generally keep my spectacles on the table or on the bed nearby. Today after I failed to locate the item at its expected locations, I looked for it here and there frantically but it was an exercise in futility. I preferred to be cool and postpone the search as I usually do. I have kept two spare spectacles to bank upon in such situations. Being a wanderer in exile, to travel lighter, I had left the spare ones back at Srinagar resort. Reconciled with the circumstances, a little later, I chanced to locate the lost one hanging by the collar of my T-shirt. My personal experience has taught me that in tension one loses capacity to solve the problem that can easily be solved when one is cool.
 
One of the topics in 3rd Grade, NCERT English text book ‘Let us learn English III’ was on Kitchoo. Kitchoo lost his spectacles and looked for it in each nook and corner of his house and his office. Sarcastic smile on the faces of his family members and colleagues caused him more tension, irritation and embarrassment. It was only the dressing table that finally came to his rescue and showed him his spectacles resting above his forehead. That time, when I was in forties, Kitchoo became a laughing stock for the whole class including the teacher. One could never expect that Kitchoo is a common character and everybody has to play Kitchoo one time or the other.
Shamboo Nath was an Accounts officer at AG’s office, Srinagar. He had given the impression around that he was a hard task master. This impression after Sardar Patel had earned him the title ‘Shestuer’ (Iron) and in his circle was called by the name Shombea Shestuer. One day, he was called by his officer, the then Deputy Accountant General, Mahaldar Saab tougher than ‘Shastuer’ Those days official dress code was a necessity. The junior could not call on his senior bare headed. ‘Dustar’ was an important item of the dress code. On the call of his senior, the junior lost his nerves. He looked for his turban on his table, in his cupboard, racks etc. In the meantime the peon came again to remind him. He asked him the reason for the delay. Shamboo Nath said that his turban used to be handy, but that day it was untraceable. The peon said: “Mahra Dustar chuvea tohie godie kulus peith”(Sir, your turban is already on your head). To make it doubly sure, he raised both of his hands, touched it and heaved a sigh of relief. 
Bríjû dàss te Girdass chhú vanàn låsív tû basiv. 
A wanderer in exile at 76 Deprived of his Cremation Ground by the Farooq Abdullah Government with acquiescence by the Rajiv Government at the Center. 


“Mezareabal tanie chi hazar tufaan Vujarea gachi gachi kabaer ti ravem”(Dolwal)
From:Mumbai
Contact No, 9869923093 

No comments:

Post a Comment