Sunday 19 March 2017

ABC-Preface written by Zia-Ul-Haq to the Book written by Brigadier Mulik

The late Pt. Soom Nath Bali & the late Narayan joo Bali
used to love me as their younger brother. Both were encyclopedia in
themselves. The former could recite English version  of Quran, the
holy book of Muslims verbatim. I once, somewhere at Janipora, Jammu referred to him  the preface written by Zia ul Haq to a book written by Brigadier Malik of Pakistan to ascertain  veracity of the preface. To my surprise, he recited orally the preface  verbatim as a fact.

Source of the preface and the preface  is as hereunder:
September 15, 1993 Chaaii Ji, the revered mother of Panna Lal Bahal,
my classmate, friend and one time colleague in AG’s (Accutandi) office
expired. Mourning at Bahal’s place turned out to be a get-together for
most of us. Most of the sympathizers were AG’s Accounts Officers and
my erstwhile colleagues. Autar Aima handed me the Photostat copy of
the preface written by Zia-ul-Haq to the Book written by Brigadier
Mulik of Pakistan.
The preface read:
“The only true religion is Islam. The Heaven is for Muslims only. The
easy road that leads to the Heaven is through Jihad. Jihad is to:
Convert all non believers to the fold of Islam. It can be achieved by;
A.    Inducement or by conviction. Try your hard to achieve your end
through A, but if failed, resort to B
B.    Attack when they are in sleep; burn and rob their property; rob
their children and women folk. Share the looted property including
children and women folk as Malie-Ganiem equally amongst you.
C.    If they ask for truce, allow it. But they shall have not to
raise finger against any conversion. Besides, they shall have to pay
jazia (tax) for their protection.
These are the words of the holy Quran. Anybody trying to insert or
delete or alter even a comma or a minor letter is to be, as per
Shariat, stoned to death.
Make copies of the preface and distribute the same amongst non-Muslims.
“Zia-ul-Haq”
While we were talking about the preface, Shah Sahib Accounts Officer,
a resident of Kupwara stepped into the room. Entry of Shah Sahib with
his rosy cheeks concealed under oiled and trimmed beard spread a
hush-hush whisper. All but me tried to change the topic. Soon I
shifted my seat next to Shah Sahib and sought his approval or
disapproval to the contents of the preface. Shah Sahib, a staunch
Muslim, as per his appearance preferred to be quiet. Disapproval of
the contents of the preface would tantamount to the negation of the
Holy Book and his fall into the category of infidels. In view of the
Shariat it invites death by stoning. I recalled the Kashmiri proverb
‘Chopai ghai baji korih hondh aankar’ (To be quiet should be taken as
the consent of an adult girl). To break the silence, I said: “Islam in
our Kashmir was different. Even today a Kashmiri Hindu pregnant lady
sends niaz (offerings) to Dasgir Sahib’s Ziarat. Still no word from
Shah Sahib. I realized that Shah Sahib is one amongst the few who have
been influenced by Pak Islam and Zia’s Islam that preaches against
Ziarats.
The preface caused curiosity to me. I preferred not to believe the
preface until I study the English version of the Book myself. I
consulted Soom Nath Bali, who was said to be an authority on the
scripture. I wanted to borrow the Book from him. To my surprise he
recited the English version of the extract from the Book, given in the
preface, verbatim.
  A few days later, to satiate my curiosity, I asked one of my Muslim
students from Pampore to lend me the English version of the Holly
Book. He asked for the reason of my curiosity. I handed the preface to
him and told him that I wanted to verify the veracity of it myself. A
few days later, with his head down, he said: “The Book has come down
in instalments, and it is very much in the Book.
  Be blessed along with all others around you with a virtuous, healthy
and prosperous life free from any vices.
Bríjû dàss chhú vanàn låsív tû båsív.

No comments:

Post a Comment