Wednesday 14 June 2017

Bued Babi

1961 on my return from Verinagh, I had lost appetite completely. Even seeing cooked rice from distance would cause me to vomit. I used to visit my matamal very often. One day my arrival was at the time of morning meal. All the family members took their position on their respective wooden chowki. My mami asked me too to sit for meal. I expressed my inability because of loss of appetite. Peace be to her soul, she told me to try her dish. My resistance proved an exercise in futility. I finished my thali of hot hakea rus hakh and tout tout (hot)butea first of all and asked for a little more. It had a soothing effect on my eyes and restored my normal appetite. It was no less than a magic in her hands. She was Mrs. Radha Rani Ambardar from Dalhasanyar and to us she was Bued Babi to differentiate her from Laket Babi. Both were very nice Mamis. Today our grandchildren know neither matamal nor any Mami.

No comments:

Post a Comment