Tuesday 11 August 2015

Allah fulfilled his last desire!

(Peace be to his soul Ameen)
March 2011, my cell phone buzzed. The number of the caller was unknown and not familiar to me. The caller introduced herself as Shamima, mother of Gauhar Nabi an old student of the School. She was from Srinagar.
Gauhar Nabi was an indoor patient in a Srinagar hospital. He had persuaded his mother to arrange his meeting with me, his teacher. I said that I come to the valley in June during vacations at Jammu. I promised a meeting, once I am in the valley. I never knew that any of my students is so much emotionally attached to me.
25th June, 2011 I got a call from the saved number. It read Gauhar, student. By this time I had forgotten my beloved Gauhar. I was reminded of my promise.  Gauhar was excited to know that I was already in Srinagar and that too since 12th May 2011 instead of June. He wanted to know whether it would be convenient for me to have a brief sitting with him.
Within an hour or so, he along with his mother took me by surprise. Both had rushed to me in an auto from Hawal. En route they had purchased two packs of high quality almonds and some sweets from Shakti Sweets as gift. He hugged me tight, but unfortunately to his dismay I did not recognize him.  Sat in front of me in submission with expectant eyes, he repeatedly asked me if I recognized him.
I repeatedly said: “No.”
It was a pathetic scene. Finally, his mother took out three school photographs from her bag and Gauhar Nabi pointed his finger on the photograph and said: “Sir, I asked my mother to carry the school photographs along with so that my recognition could be facilitated. Now tell me did you recognize me now?”
My ‘no’ made his face gloomier and instantaneously I realized the grim situation and said: “Now I recognized you.” My four words changed the scenario and a beam of delight on his face was discernable.
Realizing his love for me I could not resist and my eyes became wet. His mother had a sigh of relief and said: “I am relieved. I could finally meet the cherished desire of my ailing son.” Gauhar used to come to Kanikadal School in School bus from Rehbab Sahib-Gurgadi Mohalla. He was on the school roll from Nursery to 5th Class in mid eighties. He had to leave the school as the sixth class was being conducted at Zainakot.
While parting he prayed for my blessings and since 26th June he is on my prayer list. He is an employee of LIC, Regal Chowk.
Silent for ever!
Today the 6th August, 2011 at 7:13 AM Mrs. Rafiq conveyed very sad and shocking news to me. Death being inevitable, I give little importance to it. But today I shuddered, my hair bristled and shocking waves gave a tremor to my body from foot to head when I was told that Gauhar Nabi is no more with us. On 4th in the evening, he had hardly started his dinner when a massive heart attack made him silent for ever. 5th August Gauhar was buried.
I had promised Gauhar that every morning after my prayers I would be praying for his speedy welfare and also remembering him. Unfortunately today after my prayers I had to pray for eace to his noble soul.
I may tell Gauhar that he is only ahead of me in the caravan. The only difference is that he is in the horizontal position and I am still in the vertical position.
I pray God to give enough of courage to his parents and other members of the bereaved family to bear the inevitable.

https://youtu.be/gRV_BsTnxTc

No comments:

Post a Comment