Tuesday 4 August 2015

Muzhab nahee sikhata aapus mai bair rukhna

Professor Abdullah Charoo, the then Chairman J&K State Board of School Education advised Kashmiri Pundit students at a Public address at Jammu not to be revengeful for the wrong done to them by the few. In my address to the same gathering, I said that Kashmiri Pundit students need not to be lectured on the subject of secularism. They are born secular. They believe in ( From Google) ‘Green Message: The Evergreen Messages of Spirituality, Sanskrit and Nature

Om Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah - in sanskrit with meaning - mantra from Upanishad
ॐ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः
Om Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah
ॐ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः ।
सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु
मा कश्चिद्दुःखभाग्भवेत् ।
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥
Om Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah
Sarve Santu Nir-Aamayaah |
Sarve Bhadraanni Pashyantu
Maa Kashcid-Duhkha-Bhaag-Bhavet |
Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||
Meaning:
1: Om, May All become Happy,
2: May All be Free from Illness.
3: May All See what is Auspicious,
4: May no one Suffer.
5: Om Peace, Peace, Peace.
They believe in ‘Vasdevea kotenbea’(The Universe is a unit of one Family). They believe in Rab-ul-Almeen’........
I further said that the miscreants looted not only our home and hearth but did not spare even our undergarments. Despite loot at such a large scale, they failed to touch our real wealth that is our real education. This real wealth stood by us at the time of adversity. I said that for that real wealth, we are indebted to the State Board of School Education (Kashmir) and the J&K University (Now Kashmir University).
Professor Charoo agreed with me and said that migration of Pundits was a big loss to Kashmir as Kashmir lost many good teachers.
14th July, 2015 on my way back from Navgam Srinagar, I offered lift to one needy in his sixties on the roadside from Natipora to Rambagh. I introduced myself to him and told him that I am ‘Butea’ a Kashmiri Pundit. To my surprise, he said: “you cease to be a Pundit, you are a Musalman. I said:”How?” He said that for a long time on the roadside, he sought lift from many with floating beard, but none obliged him. To him the Muslim means one who has compassion for others, with or without beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment