Friday 25 April 2014

Beware of the Mischief!

Late sixties I handed ten hundred rupee notes at Habbakadal post office for money order to the clerk at the counter. He returned me one of the notes for replacement. I had no extra note and came to the other end (Rishi Sahib's) of the bridge to my friend T N Raina owner of the Medical shop. I narrated the episode to him and asked him to give me a note in exchange of the soiled note. He said:" Since how long this note was with you?" I said: “For more than four to five days." Incidentally J&K Bank manager of the Bank opposite to his shop was basking at the lunch hour at the Chemist’s shop. He showed the note to the manager for identification. The manager said: “Yesterday in your presence someone had come to me for its replacement. I refused to replace it.” T N Raina said: “I know it, but wanted you to tell B K Dass. He claims it was for more than five days with him.” This was enough to infuriate me to abuse and hurl all slang on the Post office officials headed by Kanya Lal Moza.” Strangely they quietly accepted their misadventure and begged me to pardon them.” Their guilt made them quiet. They had no courage to refuse my accusation and they sheepishly digested my abuses.
2010, I got some cash from HDFC Bank ATM booth at Noida sector 18. One of the notes of 500 denomination was a fake note. I don’t know it with confidence whether it was replaced by the cashier at Telephone counter at Ranibagh Parade like of Habbakadal Post Office or was issued by the ATM booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment