Wednesday 24 May 2017

‘Travelogue’-Trip to Bhaderwah

Trip to Bhaderwah was programmed by Romesh Dass Raina-Rinku, my daughter three months in advance. I postponed my personal routine summer trip to the valley and prioritized the Bhaderwah trip. TIME as rightly noticed flies faster than the fastest. It was to refresh my fifty year old memories about Bhaderwah when I participated in the marriage function of the younger brother of my friend D V Gupta in 1967.
Finally the long awaited date the 6th May 2017 arrived and Romesh joined me. 7th May at 11:21 we gave a start to our journey. Karmanya and Navia my grand children joined us. Romesh and I exchanged the driver seat intermittently. A few kilometers ahead at Karan Nagar petrol pump, I noticed fault with the cooling system of the 99 model. Somehow, the problem was rectified at the first available Maruti workshop at Udhampur. Two hour journey from Jammu to Udhampur was covered in six hours. The rough and dusty road ahead of Batote was an additional eyesore.  Google information of four-hour journey from Jammu to Bhaderwah proved to be misleading. Abnormal delay panicked Bal Krishen CEO Tourist Corporation Bhaderwah. He kept us prompting until we reached Tilli Garh Tourist Complex at 11:30 in the night.
Next morning on 8th May, we visited the local tourist resort Nalthi, half an hour drive from the Tourist resort Tilli Garh. Connectivity by rough and dusty roads is time and energy consuming.  Nalthi is developed to its capacity, but the follow up care for want of watch and ward to maintain  the place is tantamount to ‘anie sunz kolie khodaius hawalae’ (Blind man’s spouse is left at the mercy of god).
 







No comments:

Post a Comment