Tuesday 2 May 2017

What a pleasant Meeting!

The 20th April, 2017 the debate on all the TV channels was nothing but utter gimmick and fish market semblance. Acting and pitch of the anchor on ‘Aar Par’ debate was repugnant. The only issues to be discussed were Ram Mandir and Seh-tallaq. Strangely scared of the media, the environmentalists suffer with noise pollution quietly like others. I had no alternative but to switch off my TV and go to bed. Soon I was on the edge of sleep or so to say at the threshold of sleep.

Knock at an odd hour when rest of the world was in sleep surprised and alarmed me. Quietness all around, knock at the Iron Gate got amplified. I rushed to the gate, opened it and simultaneously said who is it?
Response: “I am Benevolent, I am omnipresent, I am omnipotent….I am many more tent all in one”.
The stranger was invisible, but the voice was audible. I recalled Dr. Griffin  a fictional character, also known as The Invisible Man, who appears as the titular protagonist in H.G. Wells' 1897 science fiction novella The Invisible Man. In the original novel, Griffin is a scientist whose research in optics and experiments into changing the human body's refractive index to that of air results in his becoming invisible. The character has become iconic, particularly in horror fiction, and versions and variations have appeared throughout various media. It was one of the lessons in tenth class English text. Being aware of the fiction, the scene did not deter me.
I said: “I am weak in phraseology. Long back when in tenth class I had  learned by heart almost 800 one word substitution like benevolent, omnipresent etc. Give your introduction and purpose of your visit at this odd hour.
The stranger said: “I am Allah the Great, your creator.”
I said: “Don’t fool me. My creator is Bagwan.”
The invisible stranger said: “For some I am Allah, for some I am Bagwan and for some I am God. Believe me I am creator of the Universe and all the inmates of this universe including the plant kingdom”.
I said: “I warn you don’t try to be overactive. Those who announce five times a day “Allah O Akbar” meaning Allah is great believe that Allah helplessly seeks their help for converting non Muslims   to their faith.   Even the late President of Pakistan Zia-Ul-Haq in his preface to the Book written by Brigadier aqHHHHHHH|HHH   Mulik said so. Besides, I don’t believe all that they attribute to You. For that reason they name me as non believer. If great as they say, You ought to create only Muslims and not to bank upon Your followers to convert Your creation to please You. Besides, as I understand, You are benevolent only for Muslim males.
The invisible stranger said: “No, I am not selective. I am equally benevolent for both men and women among Muslims.
I said: “Had it been so, you would have not sent women with half brain.”
The invisible stranger said: “What do you say? It is a false allegation against me”
I said: “It is said that You know everything and still You are ignorant about the affidavit submitted by the Muslim Personnel Board at the Supreme Court of India. Therein they mentioned that women are provided with half brain. Should I believe that there is no quality control at Your manufacturing unit, unfortunate indeed. You claim that You are equally benevolent for both men and women among Muslims, then why only men have right to pronounce talaq and women are denied the same. You say that You are omnipresent, then why should one have to ascent the highest mountain to talk to You. On the contrary I talk to Bagwan anytime and anywhere I like. This makes their creator and my creator different and that is the bone of contention. I pray You to be what You claim to and put an end to conflict on the basis of religion. See how comfortable are animals other than human beings and how the plant kingdom grows harmoniously. Soon the mobile phone buzzed and the invisible stranger disappeared.



No comments:

Post a Comment