Thursday 28 August 2014

Gagged, Suffocated & Suppressed


 Tulmul Nag
24th August, 2014 on our return from Tulmul Darshan we had a stopover at Ganderbal Park beside the river Sindh. Know not why the Government has been benevolent enough to allow free entry to the Park unlike other parks with no washroom facility.
 Mata Khir Bhawani

Like the Camping Ground opposite the Deer Park at Pahalgam, Gandebal Park too has a non functional Washroom representing the non functional Government headed by one of the Sheikhs unlike the Sheikh the ruler of Dubai.
At the extreme end of the path towards the bank of the river, some teen aged girls were seated on the two benches. Soon they saw us, they stood up and left seat for us. We were extremely impressed by their virtues especially respect for elders. Obviously the girls belonged to some well to do cultured families.
One of the two seniors seemed to be restlessly looking for some trusted one to whom she could express herself. Seeing sindur tilak from Tulmul on our forehead she started conversing with us.
Professor J J Parimu and Madam Shyama Ji Dhar
Firdous in hijab (name changed): Are you Pundit?
“Yes we are Pundits” said one of us.
Firdous was more conversant with fluent English and Hindi than in Kashmiri. She preferred to talk in English.
“Which places did you visit” was her next question.
“Where do you live?”
I said: “I used to live at Zainakot until 1990. Then Mujahids hounded me out and now I live a nomad’s life. I am a wanderer in exile.”
Firdous: “Don’t say Mujahid. Mujahid will never cause harm to innocent and unarmed people. Say they were terrorists. Say you were hounded out by terrorists.”
While talking to us she was restlessly and nervously looking to right and left lest others listen to her.”
 The River Sindh
I said: “Be cautious. Yesterday one lady SPO was shot at Kulgam.”

Firdous: “I was feeling suffocated. I relieved my heart by talking to you. I know if others will come to know about my opinion about the so called Mujahids, they will bury me alive.”
Firdous is a 12th class student with medical subjects. She is studying in some school nearby at Ganderbal.
Jobless youth kill their precious time
She said that she is an Indian living in India. If, they ask for freedom, why they should not give freedom of speech to others.

By the time I was about to leave, she became conscious of her video recording. She let me go only when I promised her that I would delete the recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment