Thursday 14 August 2014

Ziarat at Shiv-Sopore, Tujar, Nadihal and Janbab Sab at Baramulla

Village Shiv Sopore

Village Doru, the birthplace of Syed Ali Shah Geelani
 



Add caption Local at the village Shiv Sopore

Ziarat of the Khalif of Makdoom Sahab at Shiv Sopore


Jan Bab Sabenie Deigh at Bramulla

National Flag hoisting atop the hillock in Baramulla


· 
8th August, 2014 Mohammad Rafiq and Mrs Rafiq planned to pay obeisance on 9th August at different places of Ziarat at Tujar- Sopore the birth place of Makdoom Sahib, Shiv-Sopore, Nadihal and Janbab Sahib at Baramulla. It was to express gratitude for having been blessed with a handsome son Kafil the third child after the couple was blessed with two academically brilliant and disciplined daughters.
Rafiq had decided to exclude me from the troupe. He apprehended that I might get bored and might not be interested in such a long entourage to different Ziarats of not any interest to me. I did not agree with him especially when the areas were virgin areas for me. Finally my request was conceded provided I did not discuss matters regarding militancy, turmoil and exodus with strangers. He cautioned me. Tujar and Shiv are villages adjacent to Dour Sopore, the village of Syed Ali Shah Gilani, the separatist leader.
We left Srinagar at 7:30 A M on 9th August, 2014 after routine breakfast. Rafiq took control of the steering and I took my seat next to the driver’s seat. Three children preferred the rear seat to enjoy warmth of their mother. 9 a.m. we reached Shiv Sopore where Najeeb Kirmani was already on wait for us at the market place. Zigzag drive through serpentine village narrow lanes, we joined the advance party headed by Moulvi Habib-Ullah Kirmani, the Imam of Maisuma Masjid.
We were lead to neat and well furnished drawing-room. Host welcomed us and soon dining cloth was laid out. Press and serve thermos filled with ‘sheirie chaie’ along with crockery items took their respective positions. The host was already informed that mutton be not prepared and served. ‘Tomlea choet’ (Thin chapatti made of rice flour), fried pieces of chicken and roasted corncobs in succession were the specialties of the breakfast 
By 3: 30 p.m. all the Ziarats at different places were paid obeisance. The last Ziarat was Janbab Sahib at Baramulla. Right from my childhood I had heard the name Janbab Sabenie Degh. The name was used metaphorically. For the first time I saw with my naked eyes the famous and legendry metallic ware known as Janbab Sabenie Degh. 1.5 quintals of rice with other ingredients is cooked in the ware at a time.

By then it was Nimaz time. Along with some locals, Najeeb, Moulvi Sahib, Rafiq and Danish offered Nimaz. I too occupied one of the corners and offered my routine Pooja.
Our next destination was the picnic spot on the bank of the River Jehlum that feeds NHPC power project and JVPP before it crosses the LOC. En route the scenic beauty is marvelous. The river is channelized to the projects. At places it runs over ground and at places it runs in kilometers under ground through man-made tunnels.
The two cars came to rest and the occupiers relieved their respective seats. All fanned in different directions. I ascended a number of steps of stairs and was delighted to discover a neat and clean washroom of a temporary neighbour and a tap with running water. Soon I declared my discovery to the delight of the rest. Source to the tap is a spring with natural mineral water.
Mohammad Rafiq, Moulvi Sahib and Danish fixed their fishing rods tipped with chicken intestine as bait. All sat for lunch and I occupied my seat on the folding stool. I was the only exception to be pure vegetarian for the lunch.
Add captionThe River Jehlum feeder of the NHPC Power project
He is Ghulam Hassan, one of the locals.
All but me watched the fishing skill of the three. In the meantime I refreshed myself with a nap.
Local boys trickled around. I introduced myself to them as a Kashmiri Pundit in exile at 75. They were nice to talk to. Some invited me to their home. I asked them if I could get some accommodation for a few days on rent. In one voice all of them offered accommodation free of any rent. One boy with an eternal smile on his face took my mobile set to his home nearby for recharge of its battery. It was discovery of a lost treasure. It was their natural age-old culture. On their persuasion I decided to stay back for the night but Mohammad Rafiq did not accede to my decision. I could not resist. I revealed them the apprehensions of Kashmiri Pundits in exile against local Muslims. I told them that my elder brother, my daughters and my son-in-law phone me daily and very often to know my welfare. 
7 p.m. fishing rods without any catch crawled back into their captivity. Our return was through a wide and smooth Uri road.
Before I went to bed I savoured on one chapatti for my dinner and returned the two to be served as breakfast on 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment