Monday 21 April 2014

"Rotnekh kiyabha bhate tesruf dheren. Lekhsu Miscellaneous"


1990. Dr.Kuldeep Dhar had attested the 'D' form of one his erstwhile neighbours in the capacity of a Gazetted Officer for his registration as a migrant. The form was submitted by the neighbour at the concerned zone. Later on he had shifted for some other destination and left the D form unattended. The Zonal Officer had made a case of negligence on the part of the Gazetted Officer. The administration stopped the salary of the doctor. Imagine 1990 without salary/relief for six months. Personally I used to visit the Civil Secretariat to pursue the case, but to no solution.
One day I had a chance meeting with Mohamed Shafi Mufti at Rughnath Bazar. After exchange of pleasantries, to my query he said:"At present I am posted as Under Secretary to Government, Revenue Department. I was delighted as the case was to be settled by the Revenue Department. En route I explained my problem to him. He said:" You come to me tomorrow. I assure you release of the salary within this week". Next day I went to Shafi. He had already processed the case with the note:” I have probed into the matter and found that the salary of the incumbent has unnecessarily been stopped. No ration or relief has been drawn against the D form, besides even the ration card has not been prepared or issued to the individual. Since there is no financial implications involved, if approved the salary of the incumbent may be released without any further delay". Within two days he got approval from the Dy. Secretary (a KM), Abdul Hamid, the additional Secretary, Rattan Lal Dhar the Revenue Secretary and the Advisor to the Governor.
Now a memo was to be issued under the signatures of the Under Secretary. A KM clerk drafted the memo and submitted it to the Section Officer JAWAHIR LAL KOUL
from the family of Swami Nand Lal Koul, of Karan Nagar. Koul sahib raised an objection even after the approval of the Advisor to the Governor." Let us identify all such cases, club them together and seek fresh approval. Mufti phoned me and told me that such disposal by Koul may consume one or two Darbar Moves before its settlement.
My plea to Koul of our long drawn acquaintance did not affect him.
Next day despite positive approach of Rattan Lal Dhar, Koul played mischief. He concealed the file and personally remained untraceable.
 4:30 PM. Mufti called his Muslim stenographer and dictated him the memo. The steno said:"Sir, does it not need PC (previous correspondence)". Mufti said: "Rotnekh kiyabha bhate tesruf dheren. Lekhsu Miscellaneous".
The memo was issued under the signatures of Mufti Mohammad Shafi.
The doctor celebrated the Day.
Judge how bad are they and how nice are you and me. Had they too been bad, I would have not been brijdass. Guess athe wente mani chu kiyah!

Brijdass chu venan lasiv te basiv

No comments:

Post a Comment