Tuesday 29 April 2014

Worth to be emulated. Ought to be in a continual process.

The Silent Serve, though not Assembly Members.

 Silent workers talk less and do much. This mail is to refresh the memory of my brethren. All is not bad in my community. Such selfless workers give me the feel of my being from a Great Community. Some, negligible in number who talk loud and do little save my community from evil eye. They serve the purpose of a devil’s portrait or a horseshoe or an old pan displayed outside a newly constructed house to evade the evil eye.
Bríjû dàss chhú vanàn låsív tû båsív.

Dr. Shakti Bhan on a Mission
Ankhun Dekhi
2300Hrs.19th.May 2007, boarded Puja Express at Old Delhi Railway Station Platform NO:1-A for Jammu. 3rd A/C was packed to its capacity. I still boarded the compartment with my waiting list NO:4 which had slid down from 25. Soon two ladies with their WL tickets joined the WL Group. Their Number was at 18 and 19. The two expressed their apprehensions to each other in my mother tongue and thus invited my attention. One railway attendant hinted me his help.

The two Kashmiri Pundit ladies were on a mission. One was Dr.Pushpa Kaul (Zutshi) MBBS;MD Senior Consultant Gynae & Obst.(puspa_kaul@yahoo.com) and the other was Dr. Girja Tikoo (Ganjoo) MBBS;MD Senior Consultant Gynae & Obst.ganjoos@gmail.com. Both the doctors were proud to be students of Dr.Shakti Bhan, who happened to be their guide in MD. Both  were extremely happy to seize the opportunity of adhering to the orders of their Guru to join her at the Camp to serve the community members at Purkhoo.
I was hopeful of the help hinted by the attendant and so I assured my assistance to both the doctors. To be at No.4, I was relatively optimistic. Being student of Rev.Biscoe, I at 68 feel guilty until I surrender my seat to a lady standing around.

The train followed the green signal on a diverted route for reasons known to the authorities. We were still getting jolts outside the doors of the toilet and the AC enclosures. I somehow discovered the attendant and he led us to the extreme coach and offered the plank and the almirah meant for storing blankets. Both the doctors accepted the offer for Rs.500. Dr.Girja discovered a side berth next to the door of the coach vacant and desired to enjoy cool of the coach until the arrival of its claimant. The attendant reluctantly granted the request. Besides, in the bargain the doctors purchased the facility for Rs.400 instead of five. Deviated route consumed us additional five precious hours. I managed my night on a corner-stool   outside the AC enclosure. At 5 in the morning I managed my entry into the coach.

Despite treacherous journey the doctors straightway joined the Camp on 20th. May, 2007. They were equipped with heavy machines for ultra-sound etc. I believe I need not to explain how troublesome the journey was for the doctors with heavy machines and without reservation.
I along with Rajinder Raina, cousin of Dr. Pushpa Kaul and brother of Dr. Shah Ji visited the Camp on 22nd. The view at the Camp had a festive look. I hugged Sant Bhan, the younger brother of Dr. Shakti Ji. It was a reunion after a lapse of more than forty years. I personally had a chance to see and talk to Dr.Shakti Bhan whom I adore as Sharika Bhagwati in white apron.

The scene vindicated my belief that we are not destitute migrants as long as we have such Big Brothers and Big Sisters in our Family consisting of YOU & ME.
'Bríjû Dàs chhú vanàn låsív tû båsív'.
----- Original Message -----
From: Indu Jalali
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:52 AM
Subject: -=Kashmir-Interchange=- Free medical camp at Jammu by Dr.Shakti Bhan
Dear All,
A delegation of several doctors from Apollo HospitalDelhi led by our own Dr.Shakti Bhan of PanunKashmir had organized a three day medical camp at Purkhoo, Jammu. The camp was mainly organized for the children and the womenfolk of our community. During this camp free medicine and free medical check was conducted which included ultra sound, X-rays, blood test, sugar detection test etc. This camp had a tremendous response .Every day around 500 people visited for the check up.
Dr.Shakti has assured to hold many more such medical camps in various other camps in Jammu, in near future.
Thanks & Regards
Indu jalali
panun kashmir

No comments:

Post a Comment